Friday, March 5, 2010

Back to the Maid of Honor Grind

I mentioned way back the fact that I am the Maid of Honor in my friend's wedding which is in October of this year.  It seemed to be so far away but has suddenly creeped up behind me FAST! When I first found out that I was the chosen one and was going to be her maid of honor I was very excited.  In pure Sarah fashion, I made a list of my duties in order to ensure I was on top of my responsibilities and new what I had to to.  After doing some research on typical expectations this is what I came up with:

A Maid of Honor's Duties:
  • Help the Bride with anything she needs
  • Throw or help with throwing her bridal shower
  • Throw her a Bachelorette Party
Well basically now I am at step # 2:  Helping her mom with the bridal shower.

This means I am helping with picking out invitations, sending them out, and decorating the restaurant.  The theme for her wedding is a dark violet purple and silver.  So I was thinking I should incorporate those colors into the shower as a sneak peak for what is to come.  And I also think that is what she would want too.

I came a across a very pretty and easy to navigate site:  Invitations By Yvonne
I like sites that are easy and this site is great because it is organized by the type of event right on the homepage.  All I needed to do is click on Bridal Shower (she has a bunch of themes from wedding to baby to bat mitzvah to sweet 16 to graduation, etc)

She had a bunch of different options and unlike most of the sites I have looked at, there were a number of options I would have been happy with purchasing. These were my favorites which I then had to make a decision from:









Along with the invitations you also have the convenient option to purchase regular or colored envelopes with your return address printed on them.

What I also like about these invitations is the fact that they are simple and leave things open for some DIY fun.  A small little crystal flat back will definitely make its way to my invitations some how!

So in order to make my decision I really had to step outside myself and decide what my friend would like the best rather than what I actually like the best.  However, in my mind throwing a bridal shower is all about celebrating the bride and her big day. ......and that's why I made the decision to buy.....

This One!!!

I love this invitation because it actually looks like the dress she is going to be wearing on her big day.  Now what's a wedding without the dress right?  So exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment